19.00 – 21.30 | LIT Tipperary, Thurles |
A showcase of successful community enterprises to inspire and inform other communities. Short case studies and discussion will provide an opportunity to get in touch with local community entrepreneurs.
Volunteers, community organisations, local businesses and social entrepreneurs in Tipperary and the wider region are invited to attend. Registration from 6.30pm.
- 18.30 – Registration
- 19.00 – Opening
- 19.10 – Duncan Stewart (RTE’s EcoEye)
- 19.25 – Short Case Studies
- Drombane Community Insulation Scheme
- Loughmore Co-operative Shop
- Templederry Community Owned Turbine
- Cloughjordan Community Farm
- Communities Creating Jobs Network
- 20.00 – Networking Break
- 20.15 – Close UP Discussions
- Community Owned Businesses
- Community Energy Initiatives
- Financing your project
- Opportunities in Bioenergy & Forestry
- Community Food Initiatives
- 20.45 – Feedback
- 21.00 – Next steps
- 21.15 – “Europe Supporting Communities” Keynote address by Seán Kelly, MEP
- 21.30 – Close
Seán Kelly is a member of the European Parliament for Ireland South. As a member of Fine Gael, Seán sits as a member of the Group of the European People’s Party which is by far the largest and most influential group in the European Parliament. Among the most active MEPs of the current Parliament, Seán has been honoured as MEP of the Year for Research and Innovation. Seán has also been a recipient of IAB Europe’s Leadership and Excellence in Public Policy Award for his work on reforming Data Protection Rules across the EU. Seán is a former President of the GAA and former Executive Chairman of the Irish Institute of Sport.
Funded under the Goal 1 of the Local and Community Development Programme, this event is being organised by North Tipperary Leader Partnership (NLTP), in association with the North Tipperary Community and Voluntary Association (CAVA) with support from LIT Tipperary, Thurles Campus, Cultivate Living and Learning and the Tipperary Green Business Network.